WOW! Mabuhay Safety Tips for Christmas Lantern (Parol) and Lights
- Turn lights off when away. Do not leave your Christmas Lantern or lights plugged in when your house is unattended or when everyone in the house is asleep.
- Bulb replacement. When bulbs burn out, it is important to replace them right away. It is dangerous to have Christmas Lanterns or light strings plugged in with empty sockets. Be sure that the replacement bulbs you select are the correct wattage.
- Consider child safety. Children and holiday lights can be a dangerous combination. Kids should avoid playing with Christmas Lanterns or lights. Be very careful to place your Christmas Lantern or lights out of the reach of young children.
- Avoid plugging too many lights and decorations into an outlet. Overloaded circuits can overheat and start a fire.
- Routinely check the temperature of all electrical cords. If a cord feels too hot, unplug it and find a replacement.
- How long Christmas Lanterns or lights should be plugged in. Suggested running time should not exceed three hours continuous use. This will ensure your Christmas Lantern will not overheat and also maximise the longevity of your product.
- Holiday decorations are not designed for year round use and can deteriorate over time. Take them down when the holidays are over.
- Make sure bulbs, control circuits and winker units do not touch supply cords, wires cloth or other combustible materials.
- We recommend indoor use for your Christmas Lantern or lights.